Thursday, June 28, 2012

Princess Pink Cookies

Hey Cats!

I know that I said my next blog post would be about my day in NYC, but I haven't wanted to do that yet. Also, since I plan on becoming the next Martha Stewart, I decided blogging about food would be a step in the right direction. But I really am going to post about it soon, before I forget! Before we get to the star of the show, let me tell you a little bit about my summer. I've been taking my math class, so that's what I do in the mornings, and study a little at night. It's actually my most sucessful attempt at a math class in my entire life, so I'm pleased with that. I also have like, 5 other craft projects I'm working on, and I'll be excited to share those when (if) I finish them! I also have been searching all over town for a paperback copy of Mockingjay. I read the first two Hunger Games books in less than a week, and I'm absolutely DYING to read the third. I found one today at WalMart, but in the checkout line, I realized it was large print, so I put it back. I have a thing about large print books. They just bother me & my eyes kind of freak out. Also, I feel like I'm reading a "chapter book" I would have read in like, the second grade. You know what I mean. Books like Junie B. Jones, The Magic Treehouse series, and whatever else you read as a child all have that like, 20 point font. That's what large print reminds me of, and since I am no child, I can't stand it. So, the search continues. I started reading Jane Eyre, but I've only gotten through three chapters, and while I love the Bronte sisters and their literary masterpieces, I'd honestly rather just find out what happens between Katniss and Peeta. #sorryimnotsorry. Also, I got a new planner today on my weekly trip to Target. It's honestly kind of sad how excited I got about it. It matches the cover I have from last year, and it has a beautiful pattern on the pages. Oh yeah, this is supposed to be about cookies. Whoops.

These are seriously the easiest cookies you will ever make in your entire life. I made them in New York, and they were wonderful, so when I saw pink lemonade cake mix at WalMart today, I was overjoyed and purchased a box. Now, I've made cake mix cookies before, but apparently not many people have heard of them, so I'm trying to spread the word. Also, these are pink, which makes them ten times better, because I feel like princesses would only eat pink cookies. The lemonade flavor is really different than what you'd have every day, and it's great for summer! Anyways, here's what you'll need:
-1 box Pink Lemonade Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury, you can use whatever...if anyone else makes that kind)
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
The beginnings of cookies fit for a princess. Or a 5-year old.



Here's what you do:

1. Pre-heat your oven to 350.

2. Mix together the cake mix, oil, and eggs, until you get a little pink bundle of joy like you see below. You might think that you need to add a little more liquid, but if you keep mixing, it'll be okay. I had a few lumps of mix left in mine, but I just said YOLO and continued on with my life. (not really, I hate that phrase. But I did leave them and it was fine.)

The dough reminds me of edible play-dough I made in my childhood. But it was peanut butter. But still awesome.

3. Next, spray your baking sheet with some pan. The dough is really oily, so it's probably not 100% necessary, but I like to be on the safe side.

4. Next, I rolled the dough into little balls and placed them on my cookie sheet. You could totally do rounded teaspoonfuls if that's your thing, but I like uniformity in my baking, so I chose to roll them.
My vain attempt at an artistic camera angle. I think I'll just stay on the other side of the camera. lawlz.
5. Bake for 12.5 minutes. This is very exact, and I'm kind of proud of that, since I was winging this one. You can tell when they're browning on the edges, and that's when they're done. But, if you take them out and they still aren't firm after a few minutes, I'd put them back in for like, 2 minutes. 12.5 should do the trick, but if you don't believe me, experiment at your own risk.
I love how they're crackly on top.


6. Eat them. (Not all of them, I don't promote obesity.)
Plate of Pink.


See how easy that was?? Just six steps, and the last one was unnecessary! Apparently you can make these with any cake mix, so the possibilities are basically endless. Except I'm not sure how it would work out with an angel food mix...someone please try that and let me know. Rebecca, the precious girl from Georgia that we met in Long Island, told us that if you use a lemon cake mix and use a little less oil and add a little lemon and orange juice, they're divine! So I'll probs be trying that one soon. Anyways, the point is, you're only a box, two eggs, and half a cup of oil away from wonderful cookies. I hope you try this and love it as much as I do! And I promise I'll write about New York next time. In the meantime, hopefully I'll find Mockingjay and fun activities to write in my new planner. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment